Give us a call. Let's discuss your private investigation needs over a business lunch.


Working as a Private Investigator in Orange County, San Diego County, and Los Angeles County

Posted on September 17th, 2019

GPS locating search services is done by Krofina Private InvestigationA few years ago, I decided to expand my area of private investigation services to include San Diego and L.A. counties. I already service all of Orange County and San Bernardino County. What this means is that I now provide private investigation services in South County, California and to better serve L.A., I opened a second office in Long Beach, California, which means that if you are in North County, I begin my mileage charges from Long Beach rather than Newport Beach, saving my clients money.

Obviously, with expansion comes both benefits and problematic issues, some of which are bullet-pointed below:

• The necessity of hiring new, trustworthy investigators and surveillance experts that I can count on for high-quality service, often at a moment’s notice.
• The difficulty of locating witnesses (some of whom bear common names). If these witnesses do not respond to phone calls and text messages, I must visit their last-known address in an attempt to make contact and often it is a dead end because the witnesses have moved and neighbors have no forwarding information on them.
• In these days of increased fear, quite a few people have P.O. boxes that look like residential addresses. P.O. box employees are cautioned not to give out information as to residential addresses.
• Quite often, Krofina Investigative Services will get a case that is several years old (usually because it has already been through several attorneys’ offices). Witnesses typically either don’t remember the accident they witnessed (especially if it was a minor fender-bender) and are suspicious that they are being contacted so long after the incident.
• Witnesses, if reached, will often tell us to use what they told the police as their statement. Police reports are not admissible in court. To proceed with the case, we need a signed statement from the witness.
• If we do get a statement, we sometimes travel to the residence to get it signed or we mail it (with a SASE included) so the witness can sign it and send it back with little inconvenience to them but witnesses often don’t follow through and we’ve been known to have to send them several statements after they say they either didn’t get the statement or have misplaced it.

From my days with the Pittsburg Police Department, I learned that “dealing with people is not an exact science” and I and my staff are reminded of this nearly every day.

Posted By: